The proposal is to create a 20MPH zone on Grangethorpe Drive between Kingsway in the west and Burnage Lane in the east, install traffic calming measures and make crossing easier.
Proposed measures include:
- A raised continuous walkway across the top of Burnside Drive where it meets Grangethorpe Drive.
- A large raised table at the junctions of Grangethorpe Drive, Orville Drive and Hoscar Drive.
- Existing road humps to be removed and carriageway resurfaced at those points.
- A raised continuous walkway across the bottom end of Lynton Drive where it meets Grangethorpe Drive.
- A new flat-top hump (at least 7m long) outside number 19 Grangethorpe Drive.