The proposal is to create a 20MPH zone, narrow Errwood Road as it runs alongside Cringle Park, install traffic calming measures and make crossing safer.
Proposed measures include:
- Chicanes on alternate sides of the road which will only allow a single lane of traffic to pass at once.
- Installing a parallel pedestrian and cycle crossing, opposite the side entrance to Levenshulme High school
- Bus stop north of the school side entrance on opposite side from school to be improved
- A new bus stop to the be installed south of the school's side entrance on the same side as the school
- Exiting bus stop near the junction with Crossley Road to be removed and relocated further south, above the junction with Ranford Road.
- The parking bays on the eastern carriageway of Errwood Road, opposite the junction with Crompton Road, will be relocated.
- A designated cycle track, which links to the Fallowfield Loop