The proposal is to create a new 20mph zone on Chapel Street, and traffic calming measures which link to and complement those on nearby Broom Lane and Cromwell Grove.
Proposed measures include:
- Creating a 20MPH zone along the length of Chapel Street
- Installing 20MPH zone signs and road markings at the western end of Chapel Street, wheretraffic approached from Stockport Road.
- Installing two new flat top humps on Chapel Street east of the junction with Cardus Street and west of the junction with Rostron Street.
- Removing the existing speed cushions near 18 and 38 Chapel Street, and resurface the road at these points.
- Install a raised table and controlled crossing points at the junction of Chapel Street with Gordon Avenue and Ratcliffe Street, and remove speed cushions in this area.
- Remove the existing chicane outside Chapel Street Community Primary School, resurface the area, and create a new 3.0m wide single lane chicane on the south side of Chapel Street.
- Adjust school zigzags between the chicane and the junction with Ratcliffe Street.
- Install a raised table and controlled crossing points at the junction of Chapel Street with Lincoln Avenue and Lostock Avenue.