Burnage Lane / Grangethorpe Drive junction
The proposal is to create a 'cyclops', (Cycle Optimised Protected Signals) junction where Moseley Road and Slade Lane meet. The design separates pedestrians and cyclists from traffic, reducing the possibility of collisions or conflict. By fully segregating cyclists, it improves safety for all road users.
Proposed measures include:
- Installing cycle lanes, with kerbs to segregate cycles from pedestrians and motor vehicles.
- Creating a continuous path around the junction for cyclists to avoid any need for right turns across the path of oncoming traffic.
- Tactile paving on crossing points.
- Resurfacing road and footways around the junction
- Building out kerbs to make the roads easier to cross at the junction