A6 Arcadia Crossing
Proposed measures include:
- New Toucan crossing outside the library (which allows pedestrians and cyclists to crossb separately)
- Footway built out on the junctions of Stockport Road with Yew Tree Road and Barlow Road, to narrow carriageway width at the approach to the new crossing.
- Tactile paving to be installed on the crossing point at Barlow Road.
- Existing central island and tree to be removed
- Additional tree pits and planting where space allows
- Extra bollards to protect pedestrian and shared footway and prevent vehicles parking on footway
- Signed quiet cycle route along Yew Tree Avenue Park Grove Bridge